Student Support Programs
Special Programs/Services as Part of an Individualized Education Program (IEP/504):
- Resource Specialist Program (RSP): Students in general education classes with an IEP can receive specialized academic instruction either in a pull-out or push-in model; as well as consultative services.
- Special Day Class (SDC): Students that have an IEP that has goals and services best served with smaller class sizes, higher teacher/student ratio, and specialized expertise related to their special needs receive core subject instruction in a self-contained SDC classroom.
- Designated Instructional Services: Provided to students who qualify for an IEP under state eligibility requirements and can include the following
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- School Psychologist
- Other services
Other Support Programs
- Response to Intervention (RTI): Individual or small group instruction is provided to students who need more academic support.
- English Learners (EL): The English Language Proficiency Assessment for California (ELPAC) is given to students that indicate they have a home language other than English at the time they enroll in the school district. Students classified as "English Learners" and who have not yet demonstrated proficiency in the English Language, receive English Language Development instructional strategies to support all English Learner students in their classrooms.